Victoria’s most exciting event concept
The King of the Tan presented by PowerPlay Sports will engage sporting clubs from around Victoria to compete in a unique event format. Through this event Active Melbourne City Sports will endeavour to engage the community, increase physical activity, provide training goals and promote the numerous benefits of sporting clubs.
The King of the Tan focuses on the rich history of Victoria’s sporting clubs and organisations by calling on upon the competitive spirit that is epitomised by the following rivalries;
CODE V CODE- the King of the Tan will provide a platform for different sports clubs across various codes to compete for ultimate bragging rights
MATE V MATE- the King of the Tan sees participants compete against mates, friends & family from different sports clubs and different sporting codes
CLUB V CLUB- the King of the Tan will reignite club rivalries from within the same code and between different codes
So what are you waiting for? Express your interest in Melbourne’s most exciting event concept.
To be determined.
Runners meet at Royal Botanic Gardens - Pillars of Wisdom (along Alexandra Ave) (see map)
- The King of the Tan is a running, team relay
- Each team consists of a fixed number of three runners
- Each of the three runners will complete one lap each of the Tan Track
- A baton will be used for each team which is passed between runners in a designated transition area
- Timing of the King of the Tan is “gun time” which is the time from the start signal until the runner crosses the finish line
- The winners are the teams who are first past the finishing line in their designated category
- Categories include Men’s, Women’s and Under 21’s
- To enter this event you must be associated with a sporting club/ organisation
- Each sporting club/ organisation is able to enter multiple teams (within each division)
- You will be representing the sporting club/ organisation you are associated with; therefore it is recommended that you notify your club before registering.
Active Melbourne City Sports has identified the following aims that the King of the Tan will strive to accomplish;
- Deliver a fantastic community event- this community event aims to bring a number of different sporting backgrounds, genders and abilities under the one banner to compete.
- Provide a goal- goals allow you to get the most of out your training by nominating targets and setting out to obtain them.
- Promote the benefits of sporting clubs- This event will celebrate the importance of sports clubs and organisations and the role they play within society by promoting the benefits of sporting clubs.
- Increase physical activity- This event aims to reverse the trend of increasing inactivity by providing Victorians another opportunity to engage in physical activity and enjoy the benefits of exercise.
For a complete and comprehensive overview of all your needs and requirements please visit our participant information page.
Mens: A combination of any three male runners.
Womens: A combination of any three female runners.
Over 40’s Mens: A men’s team in which every member of the team is younger than 40 years of age.
Over 40's Womens: A women’s team in which every member of the team is younger than 40 years of age.
Under 21’s Mens: A men’s team in which every member of the team is younger than 21 years of age.
Under 21’s Womens: A women’s team in which every member of the team is younger than 21 years of age.
There will be $2000 of sporting club apparel from PowerPlay Sports to be won across the different race categories.
Registrations open Monday the 7th of January. The following price breaks are available per team;
$55 - Early Bird
$60 - Entry Fee
$65 - Late Fee
How to register
Registrations for the King of the Tan are currently closed. Email us for more information.