The Victoria Harbour Ride2Work Community Breakfast is a great opportunity for all city workers to celebrate cycling as a healthy, affordable, hassle and carbon-free mode of transportation.
All city workers are invited to join in the Victoria Harbour Ride2Work Community Breakfast on Wednesday 15th October 2014. The Community Breakfast is the official ‘finish line’ for Ride2Work Day participants, providing them with the opportunity to mingle with like-minded individuals, develop a connection with their local corporate community and give confidence to those who are new to riding to work.
Ride2Work Day has become Australia’s biggest bike riding event with participation numbers growing year on year. 115,000 registered riders and 7,500 workplaces participated across Australia in 2012, with approximately 150,000 participants riding bikes to work in 2013.
The Community Breakfast at Victoria Harbour has grown to become the most prominent health and wellness event in Docklands, attracting a large section of the City of Melbourne’s 7,000 daily bicycle commuters. With the growing corporate population of Docklands, the 2014 Victoria Harbour breakfast is set to be Melbourne’s biggest Ride2Work Community Breakfast to date.
The Docklands community breakfast is proudly supported by Lend Lease, the developers and custodians of the Victoria Harbour precinct. Lend Lease shares a common value with Ride2Work Day, namely environmental sustainability and reduced carbon emissions by leaving the car at home and riding to work.
Date & Time
Wednesday 15th October 2014. 7am- 9:30am
NAB forecourt, corner of Bourke Street and Harbour Esplanade, Victoria Harbour Docklands. View the event map by clicking here.
Features in 2013 included:
- Your hosts from Victoria Harbour are providing free Bakers Delight products and free Australian Banana’s
- Free coffee courtesy of the Rapha Coffee Cart
- Massage, physio assessments and bike fitting from Pinnacle Health
- Three $100 shopping vouchers at Harbour Town Shopping Centre Melbourne are being given away
- Bike name engraving, information on safety and security tips from Police Victoria and the Bicycle Patrol Unit
- A bike mechanic will be on hand to provide bike repairs thanks to Bike Force Docklands
- Branded water bottles thanks to NAB
- Carmen’s Fruit Bars from Aurecon
- Free apples from Medibank
- Sunscreen tubes from Ericsson
- Free sports drinks from Hydralyte Sports
- Pose any cycling related questions and grab a free fluro anklet strap from the City of Melbourne Rangers
- Gym membership specials from YMCA Docklands
- Slim Secrets bars courtesy Active Melbourne City Sports
- Travel vouchers to be won from Flight Centre Docklands
- Free bottled water from Servcorp
This is a free community event.
How to register
To show your support for National Ride2Work Day register at the Bicycle Network Victoria website by clicking here.
Please note: Registering is easy, free and takes less than 2 minutes. Your registration helps Bicycle Network Victoria campaign for better bike facilities across Australia, and inspires others to take up riding.